having worst experience ever

Richlee0626
New Community Member

I received refund from seller but Paypal think i'm the seller and holding my refund money for 21 freaking days 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And when i tried to add my bank it keep said 'we're sorry we are not able to process your request'

Paypal doesn't allow you to add Chase US bank anymore? What is going on????

How can i transfer my money even they complete my money holding process??

Phone call customer service was the worst as well. i bearly hear what they were saying. it was totally mumbling like little baby.

PAYPAL is the worst platform i ever used since i born in 1992. Holding my refund money for no reason??????????????? tell me this is a joke

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richlee0626 

Firstly Paypal are not holding your refund as you did not receive a 'refund'.

If paypal have applied the new seller hold then the person that returned your money did NOT use the 'refund' option.

They used the 'send money' option so as they sent it as goods/services paypal saw you as a seller and applied the hold.

The refund option is available up to 180 days but even after that they can send you a payment using the friends/family option to save the hold being applied and presumably you getting charged a fee as well?

Be careful because as the seller has sent your refund that way they have the option to open a dispute for non receipt of item and get the funds back again !!!

Secondly found this link, not sure if it applies to a bank account as well as a debit card though?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ4479

Check out other options.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account--faq2316?app...

Lastly I would be contacting the seller to ask why they didn't click on your transaction and use the REFUND option at the bottom of that details page to properly send a refund back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.