full name vs. abbreviations

I am trying to add a bank account to my paypal account, and it says to enter my name exactly as it appears on my bank statement. in paypal, I have used my full name but on my bank account, it is my first 3 initials and my last name. will this cause problems registering my bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Christopher1995. 

Welcome to the Community!

You should be able to add your bank account to PayPal without any problems. The only time you may encounter difficulties is if you try to add funds from your bank or withdraw funds from PayPal to your bank account. 

When the payment is sent to your bank or attempted to be debited, your bank will either accept or reject the payment depending on the information that we provide to them with the transaction. You should check with your bank to see if there would be any problems with you having a slightly different name registered on PayPal with your bank information. They will then be able to clarify this for you.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.