friends and family and DBA

nico49
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I sent some money to my daughters email friends and family, but it says it is sending it to DBA. the details of the transaction say it did go to her email. Is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nico49

DBA....doing business as.

Does she have a business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nico49
Contributor
Contributor

Im wondering if her bank made her get one to link to a paypal. Im not sure what is happenning. When I sent her the money she says she did not get a notification email. but the account is verified. It is her email address. But there is a slight variation where two letters in her email address are capitalized. Still I thought this would not matter. I typed in her email address WITHOUT capitals. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nico49

The username part of an email address is case sensitive so you may have sent it elsewhere.   Smiley Frustrated

Does it say sent / completed next to the transaction OR pending / unclaimed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nico49
Contributor
Contributor

it says completed. I dont know who else would have this email besides her. It is an unusual name. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you can try adding that email address to your Paypal account to see if it has already been taken.

if not,then you will see the $$ added to your Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

why cant you just ask your daughter if she sees the money in her account?

or try adding that email address to her Paypal account,we are allowed 8 email address per Paypal account 

Login to Me Too

nico49
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter lives where there is no internet access and it is Sunday. Of course that would have been the easiest thing. I am a little less worried as a pre payment that I sent of 50 cents did make it to her bank account using the same address so I guess all will be well. I will let you know how this turns out. I am not the only person who has asked this question. I see another person on the community forum asked a similar question. She sent several payments to friends and family and one to her daughter. The daughter's payment gave a DBA address. There is some reason for this. If you cant get to the bottom of it, I will. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.