for nearly a year paypal has denied me adding a new card...

darrenbachan
Contributor
Contributor

I had a card last summer, it expired so I went to update the expiration date since I got my new card. It wouldn't let me update so I thought I'd remove it and re-add it back. Every time I try adding the card it says "Invalid card number. Check the number and try again." When I called PayPal they said to call my bank, when I called my bank they said the address on my card was different to the one I was trying to attach it to on my card. I had my bank fix it but the issue still persists.

Am I to assume I can never add this card to PayPal again?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darrenbachan 

Call PayPal customer service back and have them reset the card and then try re-adding:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

darrenbachan
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

They basically said due to a security measure I cannot add it back. Dumbest thing I've ever heard, a year ago all I wanted to do was update the expiration date. All they could recommend was creating a new account and adding the card there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.