first big order...what to expect.

Ilovetocook
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have a fairly new business that I accept PayPal for payments. As a new seller I am subject to some payments placed on hold until tracking shows it’s been delivered. A friend of mine also has similar business and has explained to me that she also had funds held in the beginning and also at one point had her account restricted from an uptick in sales around the holidays and had to provide PayPal with several documents to explain her business and verify things. I just got my first big wholesale order from a retailer and they want to pay via PayPal. My sales have been averaging $20-$50 per transaction thus far but this big order will be nearly $2000 and I’m a little concerned that PayPal will hold the funds and I won’t be able to fulfill the order without access to the funds. I have a PayPal business account and not a personal account. Can someone recommend what I do to make this a smooth transaction? Should I call PayPal to inform them of this upcoming transaction? Also, is there a certain amount of time or number of transactions when PayPal lifts holding funds on new transactions? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Callie

Hello @Ilovetocook

Thank you for reaching out through the PayPal Community! I can understand having questions about your payments being held. You can find more information on why your funds could be held here. Funds can be held for up to 21 days but can be released sooner by following these options here

Hope that helps! 

Callie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.