facing issue from citibank getting paypal firc

Grad
Contributor
Contributor

facing issue from citibank getting  paypal firc for advance received for goods  for export

4 months back , I have applied for firc  from Citibank, faced numerous issues.  As Citibank not following the instructions that is mentioned on paypal website for getting firc's issued from Citibank. Even DD name is needed to be changed.

Now Citibank,returened documents saying ,  paypal has refused as Purpose code P0103 is not matching with their system. 

So what will be the correct Purpose Code for cross border  payments for export of goods. ( advance payment )

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SoLoMi
New Community Member

The problem really is that - 

1. There is no acknowledgement from Citi regarding the email request that you send
  2. There is no way to know that status of the mail sent by you even after x number of days. 
  3. If Citi takes really long to issue the FIRC, and 21 days period since the export was executed elapses, we need to pay a higher fee to the AD code issuing bank
  4. There is no transparency. 

Couldn't their provide a support contact number at the least? 

Going ahead, they must plan an online document tracking platform for the issuance of all FIRCs. This will make the life so much easier for all stakeholders involved. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.