error when i try to add money to my PayPal account from my bank account when using the app

Farida1
Contributor
Contributor

I went in the bank today to deposit money into my bank account so that i can transfer that money from the bank into my paypal account. After depositing the money into my bank i tried to deposit the money into paypal but i kept getting the error "we couldn't add money from this bank account. Would you like to try a different one?"

I kept trying throughout the day and still didnt work even after trying to add small amounts. I really need help i have customers who are expecting their refund.

thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Try this link please http://www.paypal.com/addfunds

If my link worked please accept it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Farida1
Contributor
Contributor

sorry i forgot to mention that i already know this way but i thought you could just transfer from your linked bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Farida1

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.
However they only take that 'risk' if you pay...

1. Bank transfer but have a back up card linked to your account as well.
2. Debit or credit card.
If you have option 1 but have no back up card linked then your payment may go as an echeque and you and the seller will have to await clearance.

If you want to add funds then click on 'add funds' just below your balance, if you want to do it yourself rather than have paypal do it then click next to the following page and it will give you the references etc.

If you still can't do it then have you set up the direct debit mandate in your online banking after verifying with the 4 digit code?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.