eBay refund gone wrong and negative PayPal balance πŸ™ƒ

peachiie-lux
New Community Member

I went to refund a buyer on eBay because I thought it got lost in the post, when I requested to give the refund through eBay, there was an error. It had taken money from my PayPal balance instead of my bank balance :’) my PayPal balance was Β£0 at the time because I always transferred the money to my bank. 

This led to me having a negative balance that I’ve had to pay that off. The refund failed though, so where did my money go and why did I have a negative balance in the first place-

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LEO33SoFo
Contributor
Contributor

I have nearly the same problem. Today I wanted to refund a 91$ item which never arrived to the destination. Now my PayPal balance, from 0$ went to -91$. Now when tried to add funds to resolve the negative balance, I get the error This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. In order to proceed with your transaction, please select a different funding method or add a different credit card. The card is already verifiable, the funds are already in the bank, and I've made purchases and sales successfully for over 4 years with the same prepaid Visa debit card with PayPal with no problems. I live in Albania.

I have sent a message through Customer Support. Please help.

EDIT: I tried again, this time the transaction processed correctly on PayPal's side (from -91$ went to 0$), and PayPal got the money from the bank (I verified with my bank's e-banking online service), but eBay does not accept the refund, with the error showing up:

The refund failed

There was a problem sending your refund to the buyer.
To try again or to see what's wrong,

Why does this problem exist, when PayPal already successfully processed the account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.