dubious fees

aschuppius
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone noticed dubious fees although money transferred as friends and family and says free transfer to bank account only to be charged 1% and then paypal claiming sent as good and services? I have experienced it first hand, tested it by making sure I sent as friend as family only to be charged claiming I sent as good and services and other party sent as good and services

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aschuppius 

Double check....PayPal do charge 1% to “instant transfer” the money to linked bank account after receiving the friends and family payment. There is a “standard transfer” option to your bank account that is free.

It is free to send friends and family payments when paying with bank account or PayPal balance within the same country. Not free with debit or credit card. Not free if sending international payments regardless of funding source. If the recipient is charged the fee then you sent a goods and services payment.

What is the amount sent and what is the fee amount?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

aschuppius
Contributor
Contributor

I selected friends and family. the paypal system seems to default to something else if it is not the name of an individual. I just tried it. I sent the same amount to the same person, one to her name and one to name of organization and one says family and friends and one says goods and services but I am not paying for goods and services. Same exact amount, to the same person. I received money from my ex for our daughter and was charged for good and services. my account is linked to a bank account and not a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.