disgusting customer service

Marc1972
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I cannot add my bank account to my PayPal account. It is ridiculous as I can add my friend's bank account at any time as I wish with a totally different name to mine. I did it as I needed to transfer funds to them so that I could withdraw and give me the cash. That has been the only way I have managed to get any money from my PayPal account up to now and it has been a nuisance as I have to bother my friends, wait for them they are free and cannot at all use my bank account. I wrote emails to them ( given by the staff), spoke to the staff ( on customer service have been utterly and totally annoying, unprofessional and helpless ) many times, was left waiting for about 4 to 5 in total in different time on hold and so on and  absolutely no help at all was given. They do not know what is for sure that prevents me from adding the account, they cannot guide me, they cannot at all help and that is absolutely utterly disgusting as unacceptable. I could start telling the story here but where should I start if anyone can help at all? Thank you. Marc1972

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JaneDough69
Contributor
Contributor
I hate PayPal customer service. They close early and so if you have a problem with PayPal, which happens quite often, in the middle of the night you're **bleep** until they open in the morning. But then when you do get to speak with a customer service representative it's very difficult to understand a word they say because of their accent. And they are very very unknowledgeable. More than once I have had a person from customer service tell me that they didn't know why I couldn't transfer money to my bank for my PayPal account although I have been transferring money for months and all of a sudden I can't transfer any money to my bank account. Actually, I can't transfer any money out of PayPal at all. So I have to send my money over to my PayPal business account, which includes a minimum of $6 fee. I'm getting very fed up with the customer service that PayPal offers and all these stupid security risks that they take when nothing's changed on my account moving the money. But all of a sudden, I'm restricted.
Login to Me Too

JWH_WFOPCBH
Contributor
Contributor
What magical number combo did you punch in to actually talk to some? I go through the prompts and get a recording stating that they have a reduced number of customer service reps. Then when it won’t accept my routing number when I input it, it is transferring me to a one of the customer service reps.... then I get a recording informing me that there are NO customer service reps in the office to assist me due to covid... NONE? WTF! I just love the warm fuzzy that I get when the recording just disconnects me.... no warning, no promise that help will eventually come. No bye, nothing. This company has got to be owned or run by a one majorly sorry yankee.
Login to Me Too

Keithhatters07
Contributor
Contributor
Me too i can't access my own money...It is absolutely ridiculous my account saying unusual activity on my account..which is totally untrue..Im certainly considering not bothering with PayPal anymore..But i need my money Thanks Keith
Login to Me Too

Look11
New Community Member

Exactly the same here ! ...

You cant talk to anyone ... the online chat say they cant help

Due to COVID they have shut the call centre and basically said that they cant help until I speak to someone ... Whenever they decide to open up again !!!

What service ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.