credit card shows wrong currency on PayPal account

ubdev87
Contributor
Contributor

On my PayPal account, the visa card which I added, shows currency in my countries money even though the card was opened in US dollars in the bank. SO, now when I want to transfer money, PayPal wants to convert money from US to KZT and transfer. AND when I receive money on my card, AGAIN money will be converted from KZT to USD. It becomes DOUBLE CONVERSION where the amount depends on the PayPal and other bank's current conversion rate. I couldnt find a related issue and solution. and the "Help" on PayPal website is just a joke. with few solutions and no customer support such as call or chat. Now, I'm not sure if it was a good idea opening PayPal in the first place. Will appreciate if anyone can guide or give any relevant answers.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ubdev87 

You can ask PayPal to adjust the currency on the card to the one you want.

To contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down past the FAQs topics to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ubdev87
Contributor
Contributor

There is no CONTACT US anywhere I looked. Only "Help Center", which I clicked and it just opens same page with dashboard on the right side. On the dashboard I didn't see similar topics.

Login to Me Too

ubdev87
Contributor
Contributor

checked the Facebook PayPal link you sent. There is a BOT on messenger, which redirects you here on Community PayPal.

Login to Me Too

yrnkrn
Contributor
Contributor

Tell paypal to let your credit card handle payments so paypal will not convert by itself, here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&CALL_FORM_UPDATE=false

in "conversion options", select "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice." for every credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.