credit card name

achraf9
Contributor
Contributor
I have a credit card that I want to link with my PayPal account but its my fathers card with his name on it ..can I link it or should I change the PayPal account name first ..because its hard to get a bank account in my country 'very expansive'
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@achraf9 

You cannot add someone else's card to your PayPal account. Highly unethical if not illegal and vice versa. If you opened an account under your name, you might as well close it because PayPal won't let you change name on the account to a different person's name.

Keep in mind, you have to be 18 years or older to open a PayPal account. PayPal may ask for documents to verify identity too and you would need access to those documents. Better to just wait until you can get your own credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@achraf9 

You cannot add someone else's card to your PayPal account. Highly unethical if not illegal and vice versa. If you opened an account under your name, you might as well close it because PayPal won't let you change name on the account to a different person's name.

Keep in mind, you have to be 18 years or older to open a PayPal account. PayPal may ask for documents to verify identity too and you would need access to those documents. Better to just wait until you can get your own credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

achraf9
Contributor
Contributor
thank you very much for helping me .. I'll just close this account and find an other legal solution for my problem
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.