closed old account, didn't delete credit card, cant transfer credit card to new account

Kozake77
Contributor
Contributor

OH MY GOSH THIS DRIVING ME INSANE!!
my first experience with PayPal and i am HATING every second of it.

so i made an account and made a mistake in the email that i only noticed after linking my debit card to.
so i tried to change the email but it wasn't sending me the confirmation email, so i tried removing the card before closing the account but it wasn't allowing me to because "Before You remove this card, add another one for auto transfers" i don't go around with a load of cards, i only have one.
so ended up closing the account without removing the card, and made another one BUT when i tried to link it said that the card is already linked the another account!!!!!
and trying to reach Customer Support Agents is a pain in the **bleep**
I HATE THIS!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Kozake77,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues adding a card to your account. Unfortunately, if the card was on your old account when it was closed, there is a chance it would not be able to be used on a new account in the future. My apologies for the inconvenience. If you do not have another card to use, one option may be contacting your funding source and requesting a new card number be sent out. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.