cant send payment to india?

5um1th
New Community Member

I can't seem to send money from my friend's paypal me or his email I keep getting "This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website or email them for instructions."

Why is this happening and what does the recipient needs to do to accept payment, the recipient is in India.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @5um1th,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, there may be multiple reasons why your friend cannot accept payments. Firstly, please note that in India, PayPal accounts cannot receive payments for 'Friends and Family' due to Country regulations. If the payment is for 'Goods and Services', your friend may need to complete a verification process before being able to receive payments. Your friend can contact us directly and we will be happy to help clear any doubts. 

If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

D_Syno
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Martina ,

Please confirm it's simply a "verification process" issue. I'm guessing it's something else unique to India.

This issue started happening with India PayPal accounts a few months ago. We have a U.S. PayPal Business account sending payments for "goods & services", and all India PayPal accounts are returning that error.

Please research it further and let us know what the fix is.

Thank you,

Doug

Login to Me Too

Vlad12344
New Community Member

This message pops up everytime I try to send money to India saying this recipient only accepts money through their website but I don't know what that means neither does the seller

Login to Me Too

D_Syno
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue. It started several months ago. Sending money to any India PayPal account returns this error: "This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions."

Ours is a U.S. PayPal Business account, and we're sending funds via "goods & services".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.