cant remove bank account

hoss120
Contributor
Contributor

ive tried several times to remove an old bank account it no longer preferred but paypal keeps trying to charge the old account causing overdrafts.  I cant close the old account yet and text chat has yielded nothing I have put pay pal on notice that the bank will now see any further requests as fraud since paypal will not remove the account and insists on charging a non preferred account first.  I just want this fixed but cant talk to anyone..... I guess tha next step it to leave paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

hoss120
Contributor
Contributor

in reality you cant remove it your self you have to have customer service do it I don't care what instructions you provide until pay pal fixes its system to work how it thinks it works we have to deal with this stupid stuff personally I think pay pal needs to be responsible for overdrafts since they are the cause

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the bank you want to remove. Click Remove bank. From your PayPal app, here's how: Tap the Settings icon at the top right of the screen. Tap Banks and Cards. Tap the bank you want to remove. Click Remove Bank. * Any pending transactions with this bank will be processed, even after you remove it from your PayPal account. * If you're removing your only bank account linked to PayPal, you must choose a new primary bank.
Login to Me Too

Emmie6
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same issue. suddenly paypal has started taking funds from a non-preferred account. one that i no longer have but am unable to remove. I have followed the exact steps to remove the account, but the account wont be removed. 3 times i have overdrawn paypal because of this issue!

Login to Me Too
Solved

hoss120
Contributor
Contributor

in reality you cant remove it your self you have to have customer service do it I don't care what instructions you provide until pay pal fixes its system to work how it thinks it works we have to deal with this stupid stuff personally I think pay pal needs to be responsible for overdrafts since they are the cause

Login to Me Too

vegas20
New Community Member

How do you have customer service do this? In the 20 years I have been using PayPal I have not found a way to send an email, or support ticket, or phone number to call, to actually do anything with this company.

Login to Me Too

CV17
New Community Member

This is the dumbest thing!  The Pay Pal system won't allow customers to remove a bank account on their own.  Sure hope this is not by design, and that it's a technical glitch.  Regardless, I have been trying to work with them by chat for a month now to get it removed because you can't talk to anybody by phone.  They are exasperating their own service problems by not being competent enough to resolve this one issue.  No joke, I have tried over 30 times now to get this done and still can't get it resolved.  Worst part is, they tell me - by chat - that I need to be available to receive a txt from them in the next 10 minutes and to let me know when I'm available.  I respond back immediately that I'm available, but it's then a minimum of 8 hours again before somebody picks up my chat and decides to reply.  Any apparently there is no next level they can escalate something to.  Each time I've asked them to do that, it's just ignored.  I get that things can take a little longer these days, but this is over the top BAD service.

Login to Me Too

eroticdiagram
New Community Member

@ramberroya 

Yeah, that's how we're all trying it. In fact, that's the only way to try it. The alternative is to yell really loudly at the screen. It's not working.

Login to Me Too

lynseb15
New Community Member

Over the past 2 months I have tried to removed a bank account (yes, I have another "preferred" bank account setup in the system) on several occasions from both my PC and from my mobile app. NOTHING works!!! This is infuriating! I called customer service and of course there is no one to talk to except a lovely computer. Thanks for the headaches PayPal. I have always been a patron, but I may start using Venmo now. This is getting ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

xBrighton
New Community Member

"We're sorry, we're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." -- Except that the request can never be processed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.