authorise bank account - problem with paypal

Khamphad
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal says they will make two micro-transactions so that you can tell them how much they were, and authorise the account.

In my case, they made four micro-payments and I have no way to tell which two they want me to fill in on the form.

They all have the same timestamp in online banking.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Khamphad,

I'm sorry to hear that there are 4 transactions. It sounds like the bank may have been added, removed, and re-added. That would cause 4 transactions. If you can determine which two were sent the most recently, those would be the correct two. If you enter the wrong information too many times, it will lock the bank and make it unable to be added. I would suggest not trying more than twice before calling customer service for assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in to get the number.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Khamphad
Contributor
Contributor

Four different amounts, all with the same timestamp.

I have no way of knowing which two are the last two.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Khamphad,

It sounds as though your bank ran them together in a single batch rather than chronologically. In this case, contacting them to ask that they look into their processing to see which two are the most recent. If they are unable to do this, then I would advise contacting our customer service directly so they can assist in confirming the bank manually with the amounts that you have. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

Khamphad
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to authorise a credit card, so I don't actually need to authorise the bank account any more.

I only signed up to make a single purchase...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Khamphad,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to make the purchase and apologize for any frustration caused by trying to confirm the bank. In Thailand, accounts can be verified by either confirming a bank or a card, so by confirming the card you should be able to use the account without further issue. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, you're always more than welcome to ask the PayPal Community.

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.