assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

MountainMaps
Contributor
Contributor

This is not solved.  People have been asking for a solution for 10 years, and still no solution.  And then someone has the dishonesty to mark this "Solved".  Unbelievable.

Login to Me Too

kevjer95
New Community Member

I am wanting to change the name on credit cards in my wallet and can not figure it out.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

mjdebellis1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been asking for nicknaming for years.  PAYPAY is DEAF to this request though many of us have asked and it must be a simple coding fix.  Many of my other institutions allow nicknaming so it can be easily done.  SHAME ON YOU paypal..... this is a vital feature needed....WAKE UP!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mirek2
New Community Member

Hi, I would like to name individual cards to know them and not to look for numbers. Possible?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mirek2 

Not possible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MountainMaps
Contributor
Contributor

Still not solved, so calling it "SOLVED" is still a lie.  And it's a big ALL-CAPS lie.  So it's a lie with emphasis.

But why lie?

Why not just say: "Not Solved"?

Just tell the truth.

Because it isn't solved.

Login to Me Too

HobbesVT
Contributor
Contributor
Not possible in UX? Everybody on here knows. Not possible technically to implement? Please explain why ... Every online bank can do this and then a ton of other services, such as airlines, hotels ... Even my pizza place allows me to give my card on file a nickname ...
Login to Me Too

nihebe
New Community Member

You should definetely priorize this feature request. The lacking nicknames **bleep** up my accounting many times.

Even a callcenter agent in Germany told me that many customers have problems, which could be easily solved by allowing them to add nicknames to their cards and bank accounts...

Login to Me Too

Funpolice
New Community Member

Hi,

I searched to see if there is a way to add a nickname to the various cards and accounts linked to the PayPal accounts and from what I see this is a feature that has been requested for a while and the last significant update was from a moderator @PayPal_AshleyM (below)

Can PayPal provide an update as, as far as I can see, this feature has been requested for a few years now!!

"Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M"

Login to Me Too

TG10
New Community Member

Is there a way to change the nickname for different payment methods? I have multiple accounts linked and I can only tell them apart by the last 4 digits of the account #. You’d think that you could name an account something that was easy to understand.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.