cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

SOLVED
New Community Member

assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. Smiley Happy

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Tags (1)
173 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

Unfortunately there's no features or options available to support what you have in mind.

New Community Member

I'd love to have this feature.

Volunteer Advisor

If enough people request it, it could happen:

One method for submitting suggestions or changes is to use the Site Feedback link from within your PayPay Account. The link is on every page. There's a survey question to answer and text box below. Use the text box to submit your suggestion or change. Seems they do have folks that look at the submissions.

New Community Member

There used to be an option to name the accounts....where did it go?  My accounts have...or I should say HAD nicknames but my purse was stolen and I had to close my bank accounts and open new ones and now when I add them back into my paypal they only give the bank name and there is no longer an option to give them a nickname.  Mine used to say (joint) & (personal)...now they both say the exact same thing...leaves a lot of opportunity for error when I pick one of the accounts...especially since the numbers changed so those aren't even recognizable to me anymore.

New Community Member

This used to be an option, but for recently added accounts I don't see it. Why did PayPal take away the ability to add nicknames? Now I have to leave PayPal, log into my bank website, look up the account number using my nicknames there, and then return to PayPal to complete the transaction. That's just stupid to remove an obvious feature like that.

New Community Member

Contributor

This could be a very easy thing for PayPal to do is set up the ability to add nicknames to credit cards and bank accounts. Its really a pain for us that have mulitple accounts and various credit cards when going to pay for something and only seeing the last 4 digits of the cc as a way to chose. Thats just dumb. I like to use paypal so I don't have to get up and get my wallet when I am buying something everytime just so I use the right card.

Seriously this should be done right away. It seems over time paypal makes things more and more dificult.

New Community Member

My guess is that do not enable nicknames in order to encourage use of bank accounts in lieu of credit cards.  Most people have many more cards than they do bank accounts; the fees on cc transactions (costs to PayPal) are much higher than those associated w/a bank account debit.

Contributor

@ScottT wrote:

My guess is that do not enable nicknames in order to encourage use of bank accounts in lieu of credit cards.  Most people have many more cards than they do bank accounts; the fees on cc transactions (costs to PayPal) are much higher than those associated w/a bank account debit.

While that might be part of it that does not excuse the practice of not letting end users have a convenient way to track multiple bank accounts and credit cards to use for payments on PayPal. The costs to PayPal are not my concern as they charge alot more than the credit card companies to use their service as a seller looking to get paid. I use to sell on Ebay and got paid via PayPal and between eBay's and PayPal's fees I was charged 9% to 11% of the total. So I have very little concern about PayPal's cost.. however your reason is probably partially correct on why they do not allow for nicknames on various accounts.