cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

SOLVED

Re: assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

I can guarantee this is still being monitored

How many more years do you plan to monitor this before actually doing something about it?

Contributor

Nearly 4 years later... Still not implemented. 😞

Contributor

How about another update moderators? It is now August 2019...

This should be a top priority for PayPal as it s a basic feature that really improves customer experience.

Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM That was in no way a solution; it's just a poor excuse from a lazy programmer. Adding nicknames to accounts is trivially simple to code, and NECESSARY as some of us (i.e., me) have the misfortune to have multiple checking accounts with the same bank AND the same last four digits. I have no way to distinguish my Citizens Bank business account from my personal account with your system. So please, stop making excuses and fix this!

Highlighted
Contributor

Ashley, it's been 5 years. Any update on implementing this feature? All my bank accounts have the same last 4 digits, there is literally no way to tell them apart.

Contributor

3 years since I have asked. And still using Paypal. Now with more competition from banks and other similar services; it is perhaps time to look into another option other than paypal. I understand the technical reason for marking this resolved; but the sheer demand for this feature and the complete ignorance by the company makes it clear that client requests are not taken seriously. Funny, as I could not even imagine this feature would be that technically difficult. Likely someone not willing to spend the few man hours that it would take to figure out a viable solution. Very sad, that PayPAL has continued to ignore this request.

Contributor

Hi Ashley, it’s been 18 months since your post advising PayPal are interested in feedback regarding the request to allow creation of card nicknames. There continues to be requests for this feature. Are there any updates from PayPal? - Daneish
Contributor

I think it has been a year from this response and yet I am still not able to add a nick name to any of my cards. Something tells me that PayPal is not even considering making it a thing.

Hi AndresJMontanez, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

There is no option to add a nickname to a specific bank/card. We do take customer's feedback on board but not all suggestions are implemented. 

- Siobhan