assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

Patou1973
New Community Member

I have two different bank account registered as "payee" under my Paypal account. They are both from the same Bank, and called the same way. How can I rename both?

Login to Me Too

brynte
Contributor
Contributor

Come on. You'll have to understand that this is a very complicated issue and it's only been five years and 20 pages of requests for the issue so far. Paypal can't possibly have resources to listen to you. Where would that money come from?

Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

Lol...you made my day. First chuckle of the day is always good. 😛 

Cheers,
Tamer

Login to Me Too

MountainMaps
Contributor
Contributor

This topic is still falsely marked "SOLVED".  It is not solved.  When you click on "Go to Solution" there is no solution.

Login to Me Too

ikjadoon
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal...where you at? 

It'll be the apocalypse and PayPal will reaffirm, "We are taking a serious look at implementing this feature. Thank you so much for your continued feedback and engagement at PayPal Forums."

Login to Me Too

nsantos501
New Community Member

Is there any way to change bank name? I have two bank accounts linked to make payments toward PayPal balance. They both state the same name. Many other credit companies allow me to "nickname" the account for ease of distinguish. Is there a way to nickname the bank accounts?

Login to Me Too

-SG-
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, of course there is, but PayPal is still seriously considering implementing this... for the past 4 years.
Login to Me Too

lilyclason
Contributor
Contributor

What a load of BS. My bank for whatever reason has the unique identifying info in the beginning of the account number instead of the end. So when I go to transfer funds to my bank for various purposes, I see accounts that all look identical because they are all the same bank and same last 4 digits. Impossible to ensure that the money goes to the right account for the intended purpose. I hit the support chat and was told tough tittie, no possible way to address this problem. Got told to have the bank change my account numbers instead. 

So disappointed to see that people have been asking for this for FIVE YEARS but still no solution. Obviously people want and need this? Why is it so hard? There is literally no way for me to tell my bank accounts apart for transfer purposes. That is a problem!

Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal don't listen to their customers, been trying to get this done for years! They are not interested! Wish there was another provider.😟
Login to Me Too

wimds
New Community Member

Hi,

In my account I am using 2 mastercards, it would be nice if I could add a description to those cards (eg Personal, Work). This way I do not need to remember which of the card numbers belongs to me personaly / my work.

Best,

Wim

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.