assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

Casalderrey

waiting for the solution Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Twozmom
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!! This is in almost all the other programs I use. I have several from the same bank and the bank name is so long that it never shows the account number so I'm just having to guess. Come on!
Login to Me Too

Man_OS
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a roadmap with new features somewhere? Is this feature coming soon? PayPal is such a large corporation that should be able to address such features faster giving their users more flexibility and user friendliness of their services. Please consider adding friendly names to cards and bank accounts and give us an approximate ETA of the feature.
Login to Me Too

JayBr
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for replying. Now, please get the issue fixed.
Login to Me Too

rvs007
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure why the topic is marked resolved when the requested feature has not been implemented.  I, too, would like the ability to give my credit cards a nickname so that I can differentiate my two Visa cards--one in CAD$ and one in USD$.  

Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

So...now that we can add our Debit Cards and send them money; this feature is more required than ever. 

I use Paypal allot. 

I have several banks and several accounts connected. 

This feature would seriously make Paypal clearly a better platform. You would think it would be something simple. 

I am even willing to reconnect all my accounts if I can have this feature if that is what is needed?

Thanks,
T

Login to Me Too

HobbesVT
Contributor
Contributor

The "solution" (to mark it solved so it will float up to top?) has still not been resolved.

It is hard to believe that such a simple but important option is not possible for a streamlined check-out experience.

How bad can customer service be?
Do they make so much money of the fees that they simply don't care?

Login to Me Too

Dennis-L
Contributor
Contributor

I would very much appreciate this feature being added. I've been a PayPal user for many years, but this is the first time coming to the "community" section - and I came here for this very reason. I have 4 credit cards that I juggle for various different types of payments like others do I'm sure. The 4 digits after the credit card number still manage to cause me to momentarily panic as I try to recall which one is for what type of expense. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go to my wallet to look at the actual credit card to get the "visual" of credit card, and then I'm good to continue with finalizing my transaction.

Simply adding an option to name our cards/accounts would be a small, but extremely helpful feature.

Hopefully this will be considered soon. Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

onemoreuser
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure how, after all of the years this is outstanding, that it is just being 'monitored'. It is obviously more than just a 'proposed feature'. It is massive shortcoming which is simply incomprehensible. As other web developers have noted, this would be trivial to implement. So, can someone respond as to the REAL reason it is obviously being buried, when a competent developer could have this FIXED before lunch tomorrow?

Login to Me Too

thiagoafram
New Community Member

It's been 3 years now and no solution? It's a simple 'add a nickname to the card', not rocket science!

Even small startups can do that.

Can you at least tell us IF this is on your roadmap and, if so, when's the ETA?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.