assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

HawaiianHopeOrg
Contributor
Contributor

Aloha !

We currently have 3 differnet bank accounts tied to our pay pal account (and may end up with more.) We are a non profit org, and as such, each project we spend money on needs to be properly accounted and the money handled separately.

I can not see a way to "NAME"  each bank account, to give it a nickname. It would make it a LOT easier for businesses to be able to name a bank account with a nickname so when you are paying for something, you know where to pull funds from more easily, instead of having to remember bank account numbers.

Bank Account #1 : Main Account

Bank Accoutn #2 : Internet Cafe

Bank Account #3 : Tech Training Center

Thank You !

Login to Me Too

pvtILLY

You seriously have three bank accounts linked to the one PayPal? Wow you are brave. If anything went wrong paypal would block all three. Really just have one linked and transfer funds between bank accounts yourself if this is too much hassle just have one account.

Login to Me Too

HawaiianHopeOrg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, but I have been using Pay Pal for more than 15 years with multiple accounts for different businesses and organizations. Never had a problem that was a show stopper. If ever i have to call them and get something fixed, as soon as the support person opens the account and looks at the age of the account, they don't ask too many questions and just fix whatever we need. One support person i talked to said ours was one of the oldest accounts they had seen in a while.

RE : One account.

As a non profit organization, there are rules that require certain funds, types of grants and projects to each have their separate bank accounts. You are not permitted to mix money for these accounts into a single large account. Many grants and just applying for grants, require annual audits and the auditors and granting agencies do not want to have to dig through a single account with thousands of transactions that have nothing to do with their funded project. And if you try to do that... an full audit can cost you $10,000 (every year) to maintain compliance with your grants. So separate accounts and separate transactions directly to the accounts are necessary.

Login to Me Too

Kingadjon
Contributor
Contributor

My issue is because I have several bank accounts and cards in my Paypal wallet, it can easily get confusing when trying to decide where to send funds or what to pay with.

Paypal automatically assigns names to these based on the account names from the bank I believe but they can be very generic and do not necessarily reflect accurately what they are.

I called support today and confirmed that there is no way to re-name the banks or cards in your wallet. They also said there is no way to apply a nick name or friendly name to the accounts either.

So this is really a feature request:

Please either allow the user to change the names of the banks accounts and/or cards in your wallet. An alternative would be to allow the user to assign nick names or friendly names.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

MarkCalnan
Contributor
Contributor

For instance, I have a euro and a £ account with the same bank. So I need a quick way to work out which one I'm sending from, rather than remembering account numbers.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

jnina
Contributor
Contributor

I have a couple of accounts at the same bank, and need a way to distinguish simply. A nickname would greatly help.

Login to Me Too

Hard2Read
Contributor
Contributor

This is an issue of more than convince.   Errors made by selecting the wrong account can cost money - overdraft fees - as well as the embarrassment.    The sites I use that have this feature eliminate my frustration   and save me time.

Please consider this feature as an aid to the mental health of your users.

Thanks for the other improvements.

Login to Me Too

deejerydoo
Contributor
Contributor

When selecting a card for payment, I have multiple cards registered. All that is shown are the last four digits of the card. Now, this may pose a problem if you are unfortunate enough to have more than one card that shares the same last four digits. It will mosre commonly be a pain, when you may not remember which are the last four digits of the card you want to pay with.

Solution: Allow us to name our cards, with something more meaningful. Such as "SunCorp Card" or "My Spanish Card" or "Sugar Daddy". I think you get the idea...

Login to Me Too

mjmudd
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 Visa cards and would like to name them to differentiate them...like a nickname...Chase Visa etc...

Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks,

MM

Login to Me Too

dmetcalf69
Contributor
Contributor

This is a fantastic idea.

I have multiple cards on this account personal, business (two of them, 2 different businesses) and it would be helpful to know the card at a glance.

A nickname would be perfect.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.