adding money through banktransfer gives error

wandere
Contributor
Contributor

I get the error message: Things don't appear to be working right now. When I try to transfer money into my account! When I use instant tops it does

work!

!paypal transfer4.pngpaypal transfer2.png

<Removed>

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jieclark
Contributor
Contributor

same here

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hello @Jieclark

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry that your account is giving you an error when attempting to add funds to your balance. I'm sure that would be frustrating! I am unable to provide specific guidance as I can't review what country you are contacting from. Please provide the country your account is registered to if you need additional assistance.

In the meantime, here are some general reasons why you may not be able to add funds:

- You need to clear the cache and cookies from your internet browser.

- Your account has a limitation preventing you from adding funds.

- Your bank is not allowing the transfer.

- PayPal's risk system has blocked the action due to higher risks.

Please keep in mind that you do have the option to review our Contact page on our website by scrolling to the bottom. This should present customer service options available to your region. 

I hope this information is helpful in some way! 

Thank you,

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hi @wandere,

The PayPal Community welcomes you!

Adding funds to your account is an important function to have and I'm sorry that it has been giving you an error. You can add money to your PayPal account from your computer in two ways:

Add money through PayPal Top Up - 

The fastest way to add money to your PayPal account is to use PayPal Top Up. The money will be credited to your balance within 5 minutes. You need an account with iDEAL and must have your bank's card reader at hand. This is only available as an option if you have a confirmed email address for your PayPal account. You can add between 10 EUR and 1000 EUR at a time. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to your Wallet.

2. Click on Money transfer.

3. Click on Direct top up via iDEAL.

4. Click on Log in and add money via iDEAL.

5. Log into your PayPal account and follow the steps.

Transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account. -

It can take up to two business days for your money to be credited to your PayPal balance. We will send you the bank transfer ID so that you can transfer the money from your online bank account. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to your Wallet.

2. Click on Money transfer.

3. Click Add money to your balance.

4. Click Transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account.

5. Log into your online bank account and transfer the money.
To add money through your PayPal app: Tap your balance. Tap Add money.

If you’re still unable to add money, it could be because:

• You need to verify your account first.
  • There is a limitation placed on your account. 
  • If you receive an error message, this feature may not be available for you at this time. 

I hope your account allows you to add the funds soon! 

Thank you,

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

wandere
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply, I will check right away if any your step by step guide and/or other suggestions make it work BUT I want to clear something up right away. Can you please further explain under tranfer money from your bank account 

point 5  5. Log into your online bank account and transfer the money

I never anywhere have read that I can go into my online bankaccount and transfer money to PAYPAL. If that's the case, then that is the problem right there! If I am supposed to go in my online bankaccount and transfer money to paypal I will also need a PAYPAL BANKACCOUNT to TRANSFER the money to, which I don't. 

Am i understanding this tight. Should I go in my bankaccount and transfer money to an UNKNOWN paypal bankaccount. Is that what point 5 is reading. AND if yes, what is the PAYPAL bankaccount (to receive the money)?

kind regards

Login to Me Too

wandere
Contributor
Contributor

wait a minute I think I got confused over point this point 4/5 under transfer money from your bank account to your paypal account.

BECAUSE If I would go into my bankaccount and transfer money It would ALWAYS be adding money to my paypal balance . It can NEVER be a WHITDRAWL

Am I right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.