add money to pp from your specified bank account via the pp summary pages has dissappeared

heli2017
Contributor
Contributor

i used to occasionally transfer money into my pp account via my paypal summary but the ability seems to have disappeared.  did pp make a change and why. i cant find anything that says they removed this feature, which is very annoying in itself. so how do i add money ??

i did actually find what appears to be this feature via the help pages. but i dont trust this back door link. i want the link directly from my account summary, as it used to be.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heli2017

Give them a call then, Paypal in Ireland is pretty good and picking up the phone promptly and then can you post back and let us know what they say?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heli2017

Click on 'transfer' just below your paypal balance and follow the on screen prompts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

heli2017
Contributor
Contributor

hi. but when i click the 'transfer money' button it goes to the withdraw money page. i want to add money from my bank, as i did before. there is briefly shown another page, but it switches quickly to 'withdraw money' page. whats going on.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heli2017

No idea, I get both options, add and withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

heli2017
Contributor
Contributor

ok thanks. looks like i cant buy anything on ebay and pay via paypal then. never mind, their loss

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heli2017

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.
However they only take that 'risk' if you pay...

1. Bank transfer but have a back up card linked to your account as well.
2. Debit or credit card.
If you have option 1 but have no back up card linked then your payment may go as an echeque and you and the seller will have to await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

heli2017
Contributor
Contributor

i dont want to do that. i dont have any card to link. i just want to transfer funds from my bank with the account ive specified like ive done many times so i have a lump of money i can use.

i dont know hy they removed this feature but they could at least tell users they have, and why. if its a glitch they should sort it pronto. pp is sloppy or underhand. the balance provided in account overview is annoying too as it does not give a running balance

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heli2017

They haven't removed it, its clearely listed on my paypal account for useage.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

heli2017
Contributor
Contributor

its not on mine. as i said, it skips it and goes to the ' withdraw money' page. its either a glitch or they are trying to get me to do something else

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

did Paypal delink your bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.