You've got money in your PayPal account!!!

artyMozer
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting emails from PayPal informing me I have money in my account! I thought this must be a hoax but, when I logged in to my account, it appeared I did indeed have money ready to be either used or transferred to my bank account. Question is, how have I got this money? I've only bought stuff over the years. I haven't sold anything. Can anyone explain what's going on here? Even if money I'd spent on goods hadn't been withdrawn yet, it could never amount to the sum I apparently have. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@artyMozer 

Other PayPal users can send money to the wrong email in error so if its from an email address you do not recognize or aren't expecting money from, you can click the "Refund this payment" button after clicking the transaction itself. If the payment status is "Money Received", you may not be charged any fees since it was a friends and family payment. However, if it says "Payment Received", then the PayPal fee when refunding will not be returned so that comes out of your pocket if a full refund is issued. You may consider deducting the amount in fees from the refund to avoid that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.