You don't have the permission to send a payment.

YeFu
New Community Member

Why I keep seeing the same notification when trying to send money from one of my paypal accounts to another?

"We're sorry. You don't have the permission to send a payment. Please request for access from the account owner.

If you keep seeing this, please contact us"

How do I fix it and isn't it me who is the owner of the account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @YeFu,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you're unable to send a payment.

Are you trying to send a payment between two accounts that you own yourself? If you've ever had the email address from one of the accounts listed on the other account, the payment would not be able to be sent to that account. PayPal is intended for sending payments to other parties, and sending payments to yourself is something the system would prevent.

If you're trying to send a payment to another person's account and you are seeing the error you described, please contact customer service for further troubleshooting.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

argabrahma
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have the same problem but in my case I am looking to receive payments (refund) from online shopping. When they trying to send the payment they received the same notification. They said that I have to change my settings to allow merchants/email addresses that are not in my contact book to transfer money to me. Which actually I don’t know what they are talking about, because my account open to receive any payments. Is it because my bank accounts? Or should I change the setting of ‘Personal Payments’ to ‘Goods and Services’? Thanks
Login to Me Too

amaradil
Contributor
Contributor

hi guys i need help my paypal now 2 days and i can't send money and it says sry can't send money try again later 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @amaradil,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. If you see an error message when trying to send a payment, it could be because:

- You may need to confirm the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- There may be an issue with the funding source you’ve selected (insufficient balance or declined transaction). Contact your bank or card issuer for more information.
- You have a limitation placed on your PayPal account.
- The seller’s/recipient’s PayPal account is limited.
- You may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity.

If that is not the case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

umer_s455
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. How to solve this issue. I am facing the same problem. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.