Won't let me add funds to my negative balance

cecehopeful
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account is negative and I have tried to add funds to it by using a credit/ debit card but all it does is pop up with a message saying "Amount negative balance. Please edit the amount and try submitting this request again"

I have tried to add more than my account is negative but it just comes up with the same message.

I have even selected to pay the negative balance in my two most recent purchases using paypal but it won't take it out of my account and just stays negative.

Screenshot (1).png

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cecehopeful

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cecehopeful
Contributor
Contributor
in australia
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cecehopeful

Then you can only add or withdraw funds to and from a paypal account in your country via a linked bank account (not debit card).

If you haven't got a linked bank account then your best bet is to get a close mate or family member to 'send' the funds to your paypal account using the 'friends / family' option (if available in Aus) and funding it via their bank account or balance AND NOT a card so its free and that would clear your balance.

OR give customer services a call and you can pay via a card over the phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Knighfox8425
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem so instead of using the app i logged in through the web browser and paid my negative balance with my debit visa and it worked instantly i didnt do anything different from when i tried with the paypal app other then going online instead
Login to Me Too

Knighfox8425
Contributor
Contributor
Hello i just had the same issue and i figured out how to fix the problem i had so the solution that worked for me was actually quite simple instead of using the app i used the web browser and used my debit visa and it worked instantly ive noticed this happens with alot of apps for some reason so log in online dont use the app i had to change my password cause i got use to finger print access and it went through and my balance is now 0.00
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Knighfox8425 

May work in your country but the original poster was in Australia and you can't add funds to a paypal account via a debit card in Australia.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Knighfox8425
Contributor
Contributor
Hi kernowlass i have realized that it was country based but in canada we have debit and visa on one card im sure you can use just a credit card to do the same its the visa that i used with my solution my visa is virtual and is used for only online my debit is for in store point is use credit card for this solution to work
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Knighfox8425 

Again you can't add funds to a paypal account via ANY card in Australia, only a linked and confirmed BANK ACCOUNT.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.