Won't allow me to convert currency?

kenzie94
New Community Member

I am unable to convert my currency to USD. I get the error some required information is missing or incomplete please try again. I have converted currencies many times and have never gotten this error. How can this be fixed? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Pixipoppi
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently having this problem as well. I tried using Paypal chat to get help with the problem, but it was no help at all. The person chatting with me just told me to make sure I enter the currency amount. It won't even let me do that, just goes straight to the error message as soon as I click "convert currency". When I explained this, there was a few moments of silence, and then Paypal kicked me out of the chat and told me to contact customer service another way.

I know it's not my browser because I have tried Opera, Firefox, and Chrome to no avail and I can't even figure out how to convert using the app. It really is frustrating because I'm not able to use my money at all and my biggest client sends all their payments via GBP.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kenzie94 and @Pixipoppi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to convert your currency. Please make sure that your account has USD available as a balance on your account in the list of currencies that you hold. Also, if you're in the US, please make sure that you have completed all the steps to hold a balance in your account

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sarrysarry
New Community Member

i'm having the same issue, except i want to convert EUR to GBP. It will let me convert USD to GBP but when i try EUR the page just gets stuck on loading. 

I emailed and they said call, so I did. Spoke to someone useless for ten minutes who clearly didn't understand what I meant, and they went to transfer me and the phone went dead. 

So yeah, not too pleased about that. I get paid every week nearly in EUR so I need to be able to convert. 

Login to Me Too

Ava_B
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this exact problem from EUR to USD. Paypal chat support just cycles me through random people who don't read chat history and treat me like I'm a simpleton with their lazy hotkey template responses. Paypal support is increasingly unhelpful. I attached screenshots and they don't care.
Login to Me Too

Ava_B
Contributor
Contributor
Update: I had commented elsewhere but forgot to update here: CS finally told me that Euros are having issues. But this is with every kind of attempt with Euros. I tried a roundabout way of converting to USD, but Euros won't convert to other currencies either. The up side is that, if you're using your PayPal balance to purchase online, it'll pull from any Opened currency. So, as long as you have active Euros in your PayPal balance, you can pay for items using a logged-in PayPal session. I don't think Debit works, because I've tried this in brick & mortar stores in the past, and my purchase was rejected.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.