Withholding funds scam by Pay Pal

rcall2122
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a complaint for unfair business practices with the FTC. Some computer program says the transaction needs to be investigated, and none of the reasons pertain to my sale. How much do you think Pay Pal makes stealing interest by withholding our funds fraudulently?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_terran
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does not hold funds fraudulently, when you created your account you accepted the user agreement and it is stated in PayPal's user agreement that they can withhold funds for 21 days. This below is a copy and paste from the PayPal User Agreement

A hold is an action that PayPal may take under certain circumstances either at the transaction level or the account level. When PayPal places a temporary hold on a payment, the money is not available to either the sender or the recipient. PayPal reviews many factors before placing a hold on a payment, including: account tenure, transaction activity, business type, past customer disputes, and overall customer satisfaction. Some common situations where PayPal will hold payments include:

• New sellers or sellers who have limited selling activity.
  • Payments for higher-risk categories like electronics or tickets.
  • Sellers who have performance issues, or a high rate of buyer dissatisfaction or disputes.

*Risk-based holds generally remain in place for up to 21 days from the date the payment was received into your PayPal account*

Login to Me Too

rcall2122
Contributor
Contributor
In the process PayPal generates millions in revenue by "withholding" seller's funds. Wake up, Read a book.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.