Withheld money and they lies paypal tell

G007
Contributor
Contributor

So

Today I went to withdraw money from an ebay sale that came through and yet again for the third time in a row Paypal has witheld my money for a 'security review'.

After the second time they told me this was purely random but its not at all and they have lied every tiome I have spoken to them about this and continue to hold my money for 12 hours.

I can imagine they do this to a lot of people now and must be a nice little earner for them.

Useles company now - I will be looking for other ways and means of managing transactions from sales 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

G007
Contributor
Contributor

So now its 5 times in a row

FIVE.

Is this a record??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @G007

We're sorry for any frustration the payment review have caused. 

As a security measure to protect our sellers, we review potentially higher-risk payments. When this happens, we place a hold on the payment within minutes of it being sent and ask the seller not to deliver the item/service associated with this payment. The payment will appear as Under Review in the recipient’s account. We aim to review the payment within 24 hours of placing it on hold. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.