Withdrew from Paypal today but money is now pending

Cobwebs
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew a large amount of money from my Paypal account midday today and usually when I withdraw to my bank account, its in my bank account instantly, always has been. But today its not there. I checked my Paypal account and the money has been removed from my account, but is Pending.

So where's my money gone? And why is it pending?

I used the telephone help service, went through all the correct options and was told 'There have been no withdrawals on your account in the last 30 days' which is clearly not true.

Is there a technical issue causing this? 

So can someone tell me where my money is and when I'm likely to get it? I am not happy about this and will not be keeping large amounts of money in my Paypal account again after this. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cobwebs

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cobwebs
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I  read that but Paypal have no need to review my account, there are no security reasons to put the transfer on hold, as it's going into my authorised bank account, its not going anywhere else. I've had a paypal account for over 20yrs and never had this happen before. They've put payments into pending on the rare occasion which was annoying, but never held back my money from going into my bank account. This is truly outrageous. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.