Withdrawing to verified Visa debit card no longer works

Setho_Ramohapi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Lesotho and I have been using PayPal since 2019, 3 years so far, I have been able to withdraw funds to my Visa debit card problem free in that time. I last withdrew funds from my PayPal account to my Visa card in the beginning of December last year, 2020, and my PayPal account spent 2 months, January and February, with no transaction made. On the 7th of this month, March, I received some funds and as usual I wanted to withdraw them to my card but this time around, I got a "Sorry about that. We can’t complete this for you right now. You can try again in a minute or two. If you’re still having an issue, let us know." message and my transfer failed. When I ask the agents about it, they tell me my card issuer is the one declining my withdrawal. When I call my bank about it, they tell me everything is fine and that I should be able to receive funds from anywhere including PayPal on my card. To try to fix this problem, I got my name on my PayPal account updated to include my middle name because I thought that might be the problem since I registered my card with my full name, middle name included, however that did not solve the problem. I tried updating my billing address on my PayPal account as well, but that also didn't work. I don't know what to do, I don't have any other eligible card I can link besides this one. I read somewhere in the Help Center that in some countries including mine (Lesotho), PayPal holds funds for a period of thirty days before they can be withdrawn. Is that maybe it, should I just wait for the 30 days to pass before I can withdraw the funds or is there something else I can do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

germacran
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue in my account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.