Withdrawing money to bank account

jakeyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys ,

is there any way i can stop the automatic withdrawal of funds to my bank account ? when i get refunds from ebay they automatically get sent to my bank acc where i would rather they stay in my PayPal acc . I there any setting for this or is it just the way PayPal works now ?

Thanks in advance for any replies .

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jakeyboy

I thought it was a glitch a few weeks ago but it appears to be a 'new thing'.   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jakeyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

Thanks for quick reply , it's rather annoying as i would prefer it would stay in PayPal , hopefully they will change it back .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jakeyboy

Unlikely as they have changed this as well.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-is-a-refund-credited-faq1083

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jakeyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for reply and help , why can't they give you the option like Amazon to either get money paid back to card or bank or leave it in your Amazon acc ( they put it on a gift card ) so you don't have to wait days or weeks for the money to show in your bank or card acc ? That's why i'm using Amazon more and trying to use PayPal less and less , it's just not worth the hassle to get your money back that has already left your bank or card acc .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jakeyboy

I agree, I have been helping on here for years and there customer services appears to be non existant at the moment AND paypal is fine when its working but there are so many glitches or changes that folks don't want its getting worse.

Without helpers on this forum hundreds would be trying to get help by phoning customer services and never getting through and its bad that 'volunteers' have to do their job to save others getting scammed etc.

I love Amazon myself, never had a problem with them and always got a refund instantly when I've sent something back.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jakeyboy
Contributor
Contributor

That's shocking that you've been doing this for years , i for one really appreciate the time and effort you and others like you are putting in to help members like myself , even though they have added live chat it's still not improved the customer services and it certainly isn't any easier contacting them and that's why it's excellent that good people like yourself give your time to help others . The thing with Amazon that i like the best is as soon as they receive confirmation that you have handed parcel into either post office or wherever they instantly refund you , by the time parcel gets delivered through ebay and then the time to wait on refund from PayPal it can sometimes run into weeks so that's why i try to not use PayPal as much as possible , i'll still use for the odd item through ebay but that's about it and again thanks for giving people like myself your time and making it easier and quicker to get information .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.