Withdrawing money reference number

AREND77
Contributor
Contributor
I have a personal bank account that always needs to have a reference number added when money is send to that account number. That reference number is mandatory to be added when sending any money to that account otherwise it will not arrive into that account... Why does paypal not have the option to add a reference number to the withdrawing of funds? It would also be awesome because then i could pay bills straight away.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AREND77 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @AREND77. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum.

@kernowlass is absolutely correct that functions like transferring money to a bank account vary from country to country, and that means customers in one country need to complete different steps comparted to customers in another county when it comes to linking and using a bank account.

In general, though, there is no functionality in PayPal's System to accommodate the reference number you mentioned. PayPal is set up to communicate with banks by using an account number and routing number (or IBAN, or sort code, etc., depending on your country). An additional reference number is not part of the process for any customer, however.

Any additional steps that your bank requires in order to accept funds on your behalf would mean that particular bank account is not compatible with PayPal's System. It sounds like you may need to use a different bank account with your PayPal account. PayPal works hard to accommodate customers in every aspect of the service, but this particular situation calls for more than what we are set up for.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.