Withdrawing money is way too slow

fto-dj
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone else having to wait 2 to 3 days for their money when its withdrawn to your bank account from paypal?

Last month and for the previous few years its been very quick (within 10 seconds its in my bank account) but now its taking so long its causing me problems.

I dont have a proper job right now so im relying on internet sales to keep me going. Sometimes i dont have enough money already in my bank to post an item ive sold so i withdraw the money the buyer paid me from paypal to my bank account then pay for postage using this money.

When paypal hold my money for 2 to 3 days after ive hit the 'withdraw' button then i cannot post the item for 2 to 3 days so i stand a good chance of getting low DSR's or negative feedback.

This really is not on, why are paypal holding my money for ages when i know they can send it in seconds if they want to?

All i can do is adjust my auction despatch times to 3 to 4 days to cover myself, probelm is buyers dont wanna wait that long so it hurts sales 😞

This sucks, please help me, is there anything i can do to speed up the withdrawls back to a few seconds instead of a few days?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@fto-dj wrote:

Is anyone else having to wait 2 to 3 days for their money when its withdrawn to your bank account from paypal?

Last month and for the previous few years its been very quick (within 10 seconds its in my bank account) but now its taking so long its causing me problems.

I dont have a proper job right now so im relying on internet sales to keep me going. Sometimes i dont have enough money already in my bank to post an item ive sold so i withdraw the money the buyer paid me from paypal to my bank account then pay for postage using this money.

When paypal hold my money for 2 to 3 days after ive hit the 'withdraw' button then i cannot post the item for 2 to 3 days so i stand a good chance of getting low DSR's or negative feedback.

This really is not on, why are paypal holding my money for ages when i know they can send it in seconds if they want to?

All i can do is adjust my auction despatch times to 3 to 4 days to cover myself, probelm is buyers dont wanna wait that long so it hurts sales 😞

This sucks, please help me, is there anything i can do to speed up the withdrawls back to a few seconds instead of a few days?

Hi @fto-dj,

Withdrawals can take anything from 2 – 72 hrs to complete through the system. Generally they'll complete within 2 hours however PayPal will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. To provide one of the safest online payment services the internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released.

This type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account settings recently.

Once the review has finished your withdrawal will show as ‘completed’ and will be processed to your bank account if the review didn't turn up any issues.

A withdrawal review cannot be overridden or reduced in time. This can occur on any PayPal account at random and is irrespective of past withdrawal speed.

Login to Me Too

BrandonDavis

I think all the evidence suggests that Paypal is running out of money lately ...

That is what it looks like to me ...

Hopefully if they get some new money in from new customers then they will be able to pay every body that they owe ...

Hopefully ...

Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@BrandonDavis wrote:

I think all the evidence suggests that Paypal is running out of money lately ...

That is what it looks like to me ...

Hopefully if they get some new money in from new customers then they will be able to pay every body that they owe ...

Hopefully ...

Hi @BrandonDavis,

If this behavior continues across the forum, I will be forced to escalate you to a member of leadership. This board is intended to assist members, not to express personal views on a persistent basis across the forum.

If your business account is limited, the issue will not resolve until your co-operation is demonstrated. You can use the contact link I provided on your thread, if you wish to ask any further questions about your case.

Hi @fto-dj,

The amount of the withdrawal is not the sole factor. The potential reasons I provided are the most common, however each hold is automatically issued on an independent basis. I assure you, this will eventually phase out and you may start to receive more instantaneous withdrawals.

Login to Me Too

BrandonDavis

I can see from your reply that you are trying to suggest that Paypal keeping my money is somehow my fault !!!

You do make me laugh )

You said - "If your business account is limited, the issue will not resolve until your co-operation is demonstrated."

a) I have not been asked in any way shape or form to co operate with Paypal ...

They have just refused to give me my money )

b) Your attitude and your deceitful attempt to shift the blame onto me have convinced me that the small claims court is the best option ...

Thank you for making that clear ...

I know feel like i fully truly know what the corporate culture is at Paypal ...

You have made it 100% clear to me - thank you )

As a journalist i ALWAYS like to get to the truth - thank you for YOUR cooperation )

Login to Me Too

fto-dj
Contributor
Contributor

Brandon-P wrote> "I assure you, this will eventually phase out and you may start to receive more instantaneous withdrawals."

So please explain whats going on now?

You say this might eventually go back to how it was a couple of months ago so what has changed???????? Why is this huge delay happening to me every time now?? And how can you be sure it will phase out??? Either you know more than you are saying, or you are making it up as you go along.

Either way i am really not happy about how paypal are treating me, its disgusting and its causing problems. I will look into asking my buyers to pay by other methods as paypal is clearly no good anymore for sellers.

Oh and BrandonDavis, i understand your frustration but please stop hi-jacking my post, its just rude mate, please make your own.

Login to Me Too

fto-dj
Contributor
Contributor

So i transferred £15 last night as a test, just a tiny little £15, you know not a lot, no need for review or anything.

Guess what???? 13 odd hours later and its not in my bank account, lol.

Why are you holding every single withdrawal i do??? This is not acceptable anymore.

As i keep asking, what is going on? What has changed in the last few months that means you have to hold EVERY single withdrawal i make no matter how small or large?

Paypal suck, this stinks. They make enough money from taking 3.4% + 20p from me every time i receive a payment but for whatever reason you now hold onto a few pounds when i want to withdraw it. Ive had a paypal account for well over 10 years, this is not on.

Im seeking legal advice on this as soon as i can, i have free legal advice on my household insurance so its no bother for me to make an appointment. Lets see if i can do something about this.

Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@fto-dj wrote:

Brandon-P wrote> "I assure you, this will eventually phase out and you may start to receive more instantaneous withdrawals."

So please explain whats going on now?

You say this might eventually go back to how it was a couple of months ago so what has changed???????? Why is this huge delay happening to me every time now?? And how can you be sure it will phase out??? Either you know more than you are saying, or you are making it up as you go along.

Either way i am really not happy about how paypal are treating me, its disgusting and its causing problems. I will look into asking my buyers to pay by other methods as paypal is clearly no good anymore for sellers.

Oh and BrandonDavis, i understand your frustration but please stop hi-jacking my post, its just rude mate, please make your own.

Hi @fto-dj,

If one withdrawal is held, any further before the original is released, will also be held. This same concept applies to other holds on PayPal and is an additional security feature.

There is no definitive reason I can provide, however it can sometimes happen. I would advise you to wait until all held withdrawals have processed, before another is requested. This approach can help to speed-up the release of withdrawals.

As it is not a permanent fixture, there is no doubt that it will phase-out automatically. I do appreciate that it is a sincere inconvenience to you, however it is the current framework of PayPal and cannot be overridden.

Login to Me Too

fto-dj
Contributor
Contributor

Ive only withdrawn small amounts recently, under £100 each time.

Ive not logged in from an unsecure network or made changes to my account.

The last 3 withdrawls have all taken way too long, are you saying that im just very unlucky or what?

Login to Me Too

42stanley
New Community Member

Hi 

I withdrawn money on the 14th. I am still waiting now for it too appear. I have never had this problem either. Like you it's been instant or only a couple of hours. It's really worrying .

Hope you get it sorted out soon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.