Withdrawing FUNDS to wrong bank account details (ATM CARD NUMBER USED INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER)

kpjprd
Contributor
Contributor

I just realized after withdrawing my funds today that I put my ATM card number instead of my bank account number on the details!

Will I get my money back? That was a payment for my rent T_T

If someone who has the same situation, can you please help me T_T

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kpjprd 

I don't know how people would make this mistake with the PayPal form the way it is (at least in the US website) but they do. The good thing is, there is card withdraw in Philippines for PayPal so it will go to the account associated with the ATM/debit card. If there is a problem with the transfer, PayPal will notify you by email. If you do not see funds in 14 days, contact customer service to put a trace on the transfer:

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (PH): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kpjprd
Contributor
Contributor
You mean they will still acknowledge my atm number and transfer the money to my bank account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kpjprd,

I'm sorry to hear of the mistake with entering your bank account details. If the field requested the bank account number, only the bank account number would be able to be used. The system will not consider the ATM card number to be valid. Very likely, the funds will bounce back to your PayPal account. If the funds do not bounce back within 14 days, please contact customer service to ask for a trace request, as suggested above by @sharpiemarker.

I hope this is able to be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

CarloEsguerra
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I just made the same mistake last week. I wonder, were you able to fix your problem and get back your money? Im worried I wont get back mine so please maybe you could help me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.