Withdrawed funds, Revolut reverted it

Darkweasam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just linked my Revolut card to my paypal with a help of a live agent of Paypal. However when I withdrawed funds to it I ran into a huge issue. It turned out that I must put my Revolut reference number when sending money to Revolut, however there is no such option to add comments when I withdraw funds.

There are 2 transactions I made with this mistake. The earlier tranzaction was made on 15/03, the later one was made on 23/03. I contacted Revolut when I was missing the arrival of both tranzactions on 28/03 and they gave me a "return confirmation" stating that the money was bounced back to PayPal due to missing revolut reference number.

I contacted Paypal about this issue, and with the help of "return confirmation" document they returned the earlier tranzaction on the next day (29/03) and told me to open a new dispute on the later one after 31/03 because they need to wait 7 days to trace the funds.

I waited and opened a new message to trace my later fund withdrawal that I made on 23/03. I gave them the very same document that I received from Revolut again, the "return confirmation" straight from Revolut's support team. However this time Paypal stated they did not receive the money from Revolut, and therefore they cannot put the amount of missing money back to my account, asking me to wait 30 days to elapse and contact Revolut again. (But Revolut already gave me the return confirmation document proofing the money is reached back to PayPal)

Here is what PayPal wrote:
"Thank you for providing this document, however I can confirm that this return was not received yet.

Based on internal process guidelines, you should wait up to 30 days of the reversal date to ensure that money was received back to PayPal balance.

If this amount is not there, then you have to contact Revolut again as it means that reversal process either was not completed or there was an issue on your bank's end, so they should check it again."

I am unsure what to do, as it was so easy to recover one of my payment, why is it not the same with the other one? What should I do? Revolut states that they sent back it already, Paypal states they don't have it.
I am really concerned that I lost the money for forever...
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.