Withdrawals Pending Almost 1 Week

temp20180715
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, Please, someone help 😞 withdrawals have always taken a matter of seconds to complete. However on the 8th July 2018 I made a withdrawal and it went to pending so I tried another smaller one and that also went to pending. So I called in the 9th and was told they would complete on Wed 11th. Wed 11th and they still haven’t so I rang again and they said my account could be affected by “a problem they had at their end” Since these I have made more withdrawals one also on the 8th, the 11th am 2 on the 12th and all went instantly into my bank. So I emailed paypal to ask what was happening and was now told it was my bank and to ask them where the missing money is ... so I spent money going to town to my bank only to then to say ‘sorry we are not paypal’ and that no attempt had been made to put the two amounts in. And reading the email back I now have to wait until an unbelievable and totally unreasonable 14 working days (almost 3 weeks) have passed until PayPal will do a ‘Search’ for MY MONEY ! This, after already being told it was PayPal’s system that caused it ? Is this right and indeed fair ?? And.. is there anything I can do ? Yours in hope and slight desperation Rich

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20180715

If the funds were declined for transfer for whatever reason then they may well 'bounce back' to your Paypal balance, but Paypal have to allow 14 days before they can do a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20180715
Contributor
Contributor

According to my bank it was never attempted. It seems this is a common thing after looking around .. thousands could be made from holding customers money for such periods of time. I have been told so many different excuses and reasons in such a few contacts it’s payPal that I don’t know how what to believe. Company’s get so big it seems the customer becomes worthless as an individual ... and that is sad ! Oh and I have now had another go into the Paypal “interest building pot” <removed>

Login to Me Too

MaraFX
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. And even with a bank inquiry we did, with my bank there is no trace of any amount sent towards my bank. paypal hides behind  African - Tunis call centers or arrogant operators and says it is a completed transfer. And when we asked for the PayPal completion or transaction order number they were not able to track down anything, because CALL CENTERS are just dummyes set there to read you the same data you see in your account- they are useless. I wonder where they transferred my money? For sure not towards my bank because I  have from my bank a  signed and legal declaration of the facts where the bank stated that no such transfer was ever made towards my bank. I am in EU not in Botswana, and my bank is one of the largest worldwide. 
I suggest you do the same. get a declaration from your bank, fill a legal complaint with paypal, get a lawyer and get some justice. This is what I am doing.
Going today again to fill some documents with the financial police in Italy in order to get things started. I don't care about how long it will take but I want  100 times the amount they lost as compensation for this issue.

Login to Me Too

culturejunkie
Contributor
Contributor

Has there been any progress since your previous post and this issue been resolved for you yet?

Login to Me Too

culturejunkie
Contributor
Contributor

FYI resolved today with funds available again

Login to Me Too

phils1969
New Community Member

Ive had this issue in the last week, one transaction for £550 was held, which i kinda expected as it was a large sum, however the buyer stated they had told PP it was an OK purchase by way of replying to a text they sent, that said it took PP 3 days to release the funds and only after a long and frustrating phonecall, cue today and 2 transfers of less than £25 between them are both held at pending, i called and queried and it seems that PP are holding withdrawals for up to 72 as a matter of course, i complained but got nowhere and my supervisor call back is 3 hours late... 

It would seem PP are being extremely awkward and greedy this week, for no reasons and contrary to the contract we have in place, all in all its a greedy way to run the company and im thinking of using an alternative, i pay enough to this lot but they treat us like dirt!

Login to Me Too

sproxa
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is taking 2 weeks
Login to Me Too

Joesyo
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is pending for 19days now.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sproxa 

You are posting to a thread 2 years old, those problems were resolved.

If you are having problems withdrawing funds then say what the problem is / funding source you are using / new account / new problem etc etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.