Withdrawall

MLANGS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've sold some stuff on eBay, pristine feedback and withdraw small amounts of up to £100 from my paypal to a verified bank account for a good few months now.

I saved a bit up in my account and just tried to withdraw nearly £700 but instead of being instant, it's saying I need to wait up to 72 hours for this to be complete.

Does anyone know why this could be? Is there a way to speed it up? I was hoping to use the funds within 24 hours as I saved it up.

Many thanks guys 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MLANGS

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Security review as its your first withdrawal I would imagine, unfortunately you can't speed it up and also it probably won't clear until dead on the 72 hour marker.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MLANGS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

It's not my first withdrawal though, I've withdrawn many times but for much smaller amounts, £100-£200.

I'm just a bit confused why all of the sudden it's pending, is it because it's a larger amount? I've since tried to withdraw £20 and that's now also pending.

Nothing is wrong with my PP account, I've confirmed IDs and stuff before - all legit

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MLANGS

Probably because its a higher amount then, we all get them from time to time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MLANGS
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking that but then I just tried to withdraw £20 and that's pending as well as the £680. 

Usually it's instant 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.