Withdrawal

J_Y
Contributor
Contributor

I plan to withdraw money from my PayPal Balance. However, will the transfer proceed as I hold a Personal account. I am just afraid to do the transaction as this will be my first time but the procedures says that you should upgrade to Business Account so one can withraw.Is upgrading really necessary?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @J_Y,

Thanks for posting.

The link that kernowlass provided is the correct information on withdrawing from your PayPal account. If you have been able to receive money to your PayPal account, you will also be able to process a withdrawal. You do not need to have a business account for this. We recommend a business account if you have high volumes but a standard premier account is fine for people selling on a casual basis. 

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J_Y 

https://www.paypal.com/jp/smarthelp/article/FAQ1189

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

J_Y
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Hi,

Thanks for the link but I don’t have a business. The upgrading needs info of the Legal Business Name which I don’t have in reality. Is this procedure still needed even if I’m going to withdraw less than ¥100,000?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @J_Y,

Thanks for posting.

The link that kernowlass provided is the correct information on withdrawing from your PayPal account. If you have been able to receive money to your PayPal account, you will also be able to process a withdrawal. You do not need to have a business account for this. We recommend a business account if you have high volumes but a standard premier account is fine for people selling on a casual basis. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

J_Y
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Rachael thanks for the clarification. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.