Withdrawal

Mary-Jane1
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew some money to my bank account on Saturday morning and it said it needs further review which could take 72 hours it still hasn’t cleared what day is this likely to clear? Is Sunday classed in the time period?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mary-Jane1

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Normally if you had an email to say it could be up to 72 hours then it clears dead on that 72 hour marker.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mary-Jane1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i understand that but is Sunday classed as a working day or will it clear on Wednesday? As I withdrew it on a saturday

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mary-Jane1

Weekends are included, it should be a straight 72 hours.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pip12
Contributor
Contributor

No it doesn’t 

pay pal are a law unto themselves...stealing, withholding funds with no explanation...apart from the computer says no

I guess they wouldn’t get away with this Draconian practise with large global companies, but hit the little man .

It does make you wonder if Pay Pal themselves have financial problems.

The answer don’t trust pay pal with your funds ..banks and financial institutions bigger than them have gone bust in the past!

Most definitely do not put all your eggs in one basket...I should of adhered to that warning

Pay Pal have frozen my cash, cutting off my cash flow . Brought my start up small business to its knees , finished. Leaving me to explain to customers why I can’t get couriers to deliver their parcels...of course next my impeccable record of no refunds, returns, resolutions will be shot when these customers open claims with EBay because they haven’t received their item, which of course eBay will deduct from my pay oak balance which is currently in an pending withdrawal cloud, putting me into the red!     As eBay own pay pal surely it’s in their interest to sort this fiasco out.... 

To top it all pay pal’s Facebook has a post for small business “ plan your cash flow for the Christmas season”  “ increase your sales”   Jesus don’t do that and if you do don’t do it through pay ..sucesss, spike in payments, increased sales = frozen cash. Theft of your dosh. Financial ruin. The computer says NO

google it ..1000’s of innocent hard working people ruined by this global Silicon Valley corporation ...who to need keep our cash ..why?

Login to Me Too

Ovidijus2
New Community Member

I got same problem, I can't withdrawal my money almost a week ...

Login to Me Too

IsItaBird
Contributor
Contributor

Yep same problem here, and boy what a problem I am having, I literally want to climb down the phone and shake the liars at the other end 

I withdrew some funds on Sunday, was told today that there was a glitch between the on withdrawals between the 10th & 12th (Surprise Surprise)

They even tried telling me then sent me an email..no they didnt

I told them that on their status page all system errors, downtime and uptime is all shown on said website. no mention of a 3 day glitch, even though they report problems that last 12mins 

https://www.paypal-status.com/history/production

This is the best bit, the chap at paypal said "that's not our website"...hahaha its got paypals security certificate in the browsers address bar.

He was adamant that it was not he website, I did mention that a hacker has not gone for all the millions of card and bank details on their website but instead set up a status report page for them...genius

Like someone else mentioned this plays havoc with new business who rely on cash flow, I really do wonder how many businesses paypal has crippled over the years thinking they have a right to hold onto funds..I fully understand the checks you go through due to money laundering, but to keep holding funds when you have passed all checks is just plain wrong

To top this all off they cannot give me a date or time when the funds will arrive in my account....How is the possible?

Rant over and now I have to go and beg borrow and steal to keep cash flowing..Thanks paypal I tell you what I will give you £10 in every £100 that hits my account and you can keep hold of any of MY money indefinitely

Login to Me Too

Pip12
Contributor
Contributor

Google ..pay pal ruined my business 

simple dont trust financial institutions...especially these toxic faceless  internet giants 

Login to Me Too

Pip12
Contributor
Contributor

Google ..pay pal ruined my business 

simple dont trust financial institutions...especially these toxic faceless  internet giants 

Login to Me Too

IsItaBird
Contributor
Contributor

Wow I have just read some horror stories about them, didnt relaise they were so bad.

But on a goo note readers, you will be all happy to know there is no glitch in adding funds from my bank account to paypal, and no know issues using to pay for products, passing on the withdrawal glitch to some other poor mortal.

What are the alternatives to using paypal on my ebay account. Is there a way of getting around using this company

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.