Withdrawal without Visa verifications....problem ?

moking01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

This was my first time withdrawing money from paypal. I linked my unverified visa (paypapl.com didnt ask for any verification) and did a withdraw to money and it was successful and gave me a transaction ID. 

Now i knew about the verification process from youtube so i requested a 4 pin code. Am i in a problem that i withdrew before verifying the visa ?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You mean you did not confirm your Visa card with the 4-digit code before you withdraw money? Apparently, if you do not confirm your Visa card you can't use the card as a funding source or payment method but it does not say you can't withdraw to it. So if the withdraw went through then it's not a problem. 

From PayPal Egypt FAQs

What if I don't confirm my debit or credit card?

Your account’s security is our top priority. That’s why we ask that you link and confirm your debit or credit card to verify that you’re the card owner.

If you can’t find or have misplaced your PayPal code, we can send you a new code. If you are unable to confirm your debit or credit card you will/may not be able to use it as a funding source.

Here’s how to request a new 4-digit code:

1. Click Confirm my debit or credit card in the Notifications box.
  2. Click Resend PayPal Code at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Save and Continue.

If an unauthorized person enters your PayPal code incorrectly 5 times, we disable your credit card for use with PayPal to help protect you.

Click Contact Us at the bottom of any PayPal page, then contact Customer Service so we can re-add the card for you. Once we have re-added the card, you can ask to have the 4-digit code re-sent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You mean you did not confirm your Visa card with the 4-digit code before you withdraw money? Apparently, if you do not confirm your Visa card you can't use the card as a funding source or payment method but it does not say you can't withdraw to it. So if the withdraw went through then it's not a problem. 

From PayPal Egypt FAQs

What if I don't confirm my debit or credit card?

Your account’s security is our top priority. That’s why we ask that you link and confirm your debit or credit card to verify that you’re the card owner.

If you can’t find or have misplaced your PayPal code, we can send you a new code. If you are unable to confirm your debit or credit card you will/may not be able to use it as a funding source.

Here’s how to request a new 4-digit code:

1. Click Confirm my debit or credit card in the Notifications box.
  2. Click Resend PayPal Code at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Save and Continue.

If an unauthorized person enters your PayPal code incorrectly 5 times, we disable your credit card for use with PayPal to help protect you.

Click Contact Us at the bottom of any PayPal page, then contact Customer Service so we can re-add the card for you. Once we have re-added the card, you can ask to have the 4-digit code re-sent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

moking01
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are right. I withdrew money before i verify my visa cause i didn't know about the process and the website didn't ask my to do so. Now it shows in the "completed" transactions.

I thought verifying request would stop the money and it will be lost in a limbo between paypal and my bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.