Withdrawal problems within 2 hours

dollyb
Contributor
Contributor

I am having problems withdrawing money within the normal 2 hour window ii.e. it instead of instant it queues it in the BACS system which takes 3 days.  The first time was last week and I was told by paypal there was a problem with 'my bank' and I should investigate it with them.  I did and they said they arent having problems so I called paypal back was told they are having technical problems with 'some banks' but they couldn't give me a timescale when this would be resolved.  I made a small withdrawal today to test to see if it had been fixed and again today and again 2-3 days. I called Paypal and I was told yet something different that they're 'upgrading the withdrawal process' and have no idea as to when this will all be complete.  I was annoyed as there is no banner or warning this is the case on the website and the customer services team are all giving me various reasons as to why this is happening.  On my withdrawal today its still saying within 2 hours until you complete the withdrawal process then it changes and says 2-3 days.  I feel Paypal should not only be warning their customers that they are having this problem (a simple banner on their site on log in or during the process would do it) but also getting the reasoning right when customers query it I've had 3 variations now

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dollyb

Doesn't really need to be a banner up as the 'norm' is 2-72 hours in the UK.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dollyb
Contributor
Contributor

Yes ive seen the link but been assured that this isnt a security review it is a problem generated by an 'upgrade' like I said which is what I meant when I said some sort of info message.  This coupled with the fact that when I go through the withdrawal process it clearly still states 'this type of withdrawal takes up to 2 hours', which the customer services staff have all agreed is generally the case when I made the 3 individual calls over a week.  Customer services staff are stating withdrawals are going into a BACS queue which are 'usually instant' because there are technical problems.  Thanks for the link and this could have been the case but its not really applicable to me as it refers to a withdrawal that is under 'further review' mine isnt.  Unless Ive been ill-advised a third time there is a problem which is not related the normal processes in place. Paypal have literally just stated they are getting multiple calls and queries from other members with the same problems and it is likely to continue for a while yet until the upgrade is complete. I am just vexed that initially two other members of staff said it was a bank problem

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.