Withdrawal missing????

annieanna
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I recently withdrew money from my PayPal that was sent to me from a family member. By recently I mean last Wednesday, January 16, 2019. 

Now the problem is I have two accounts connected from my bank and one of them was not a confirmed bank account at the time and I accidentally chose the unconfirmed bank account instead of the confirmed to transfer my money to. I figured that it would just be in the account by the time it was confirmed and it would be fine. But now it has been almost a week and that money is not there but it says that the withdrawal is confirmed under my activities in my account. Can someone please help!!!!!!!:( 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annieanna

You can still withdraw to the bank even though it is not confirmed because confirmation is required in order to use the bank account as a funding option, not for withdrawls. If you do not receive the funds in your bank account in 14 days, contact customer service to put a trace on it.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annieanna

You can still withdraw to the bank even though it is not confirmed because confirmation is required in order to use the bank account as a funding option, not for withdrawls. If you do not receive the funds in your bank account in 14 days, contact customer service to put a trace on it.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cindynequinto
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. But my situation is i withdraw my paypal balance to from my bank account and the transaction was completed but the next day i got an email from paypal they said that my bank reported a problem and there was a link on that email. Everytime i tried to click that link they charge me through my bank account balance so i decided to remove or unlink my bank account in paypal but i didn't receive the money in my bank account or even get back the money in paypal. Its been 3 days since that transaction happened. I don't where is my money go or is there any chance that i could get my money back. Please i really need your help. What should i do?
Login to Me Too

jstories
Contributor
Contributor

"If you do not receive the funds in your bank account in 14 days, contact customer service to put a trace on it."

>>> I ALREADY DID THIS. PAYPAL THEN GAVE ME A REFERENCE # (THEY CLAIM IT'S FROM MY BANK) THAT I CAN GIVE TO MY BANK TO LOCATE MY MONEY.

>>> MY BANK DOESN'T RECOGNIZE THE REFERENCE # AND PAYPAL REFUSED TO PROVIDE ME WITH ANY OTHER PROOF THAT MY BANK RECEIVED MY MONEY. BESIDES, I DOUBT THAT MY BANK WILL RECEIVE THE MONEY, BECAUSE THAT ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR YEARS...

>>> I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING UP WITH PAYPAL, THEY STOPPED RESPONDING TO MY MESSAGES.

>>> IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH NOW AND I HAVEN'T FOUND MY MONEY. I HOPE SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP...

Login to Me Too

Ricardo102
Contributor
Contributor
Did you find a solution? This happened to me recently
Login to Me Too

jstories
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet unfortunately... My bank is still investigating. PayPal called me to say there's nothing more that they can do, but they're willing to work with my bank, just waiting for the bank's update.

Login to Me Too

jstories
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, just letting you know my bank found the missing funds after pursuing them for almost 2 months. 

Login to Me Too

Kimmi_4405
Contributor
Contributor
What bank did u have and how were they able to find the funds?
Login to Me Too

UsmanSanawar
Contributor
Contributor

@jstories Hey, thanks for your informative post.

I have the same problems as yours, the reference numbers provided by PayPal are not recognized/identified by my bank also.

Can you please tell me how did they found your money?
What kind of reference number enabled them to find money?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Login to Me Too

jstories
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, sorry to hear you're having the same problem. All I did (I guess for 3 months) was call the bank everyday, insist that the money went through. I just gave all the references I have (including emails, screenshots, etc) up until someone at a higher level initiated the trace and that's the time my missing funds were found. Even though they found the funds, it took a while also for the funds to be returned back to me. With all that effort and long wait, I got the funds back, which is what's important 🙂

Unfortunately you'll just have to call your bank daily until you get to someone who is really willing to assist. This is not the best answer, but I hope it helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.