Withdrawal being delayed for security?

Collegefund18
New Community Member

I have never had an issue with my account. I had one complaint and I immediately took care of it and gave a FULL refund even though the buyer only had right to half due to our contractual agreement. now I went to withdraw funds, some of which a friend who owes me money sent me so I can pay an important bill, and PayPal said they are delaying deposit until they can review it. Why would this happen and how long does it take to sort out? Not too happy.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Collegefund18

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Collegefund18

It's a review, not a hold. PayPal wants to check if the payment is coming from a valid account holder or some such. 72 hours tops before they release it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

NEILALVAREZ
Contributor
Contributor
It’s basically perfectly legal fraud. Keeping the money as long as they can, once in your back account it’s off their balance sheet. DONT USE PAYPAL IS THE ANSWER
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NEILALVAREZ 

Why are you responding to a 2 year old post?

Secondly do you want the link to close your paypal account if you don't want to use them anymore, only it appears you are still using them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.