Withdrawal Pending

TeachingMelanie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I received an email from PayPal saying that my withdrawal was pulled aside to be checked. The email stated:

At PayPal, our primary concern is making sure that your money is secure. We do this by routinely reviewing some transactions. We’ve placed your withdrawal under review and this will last for up to 12. If it passes our review, we’ll release it and the regular withdrawal timeframe will then take effect. If we can’t release it for any reason, we’ll contact you.

However, when it indicates "12" does this mean 12 hours? 12 days? Has anyone had a withdrawal pending take longer than 12 hours to be approved?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @TeachingMelanie!

This has most likely already resolved itself as our reviews are usually measured by hours, and the most a withdrawal will be held for a security review is 72 hours. If it is held any longer than that, please contact our customer service to look into the transaction for you. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.