Withdrawal Pending

VarunPrabhu1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I withdrew an amount last night(IST), which would be sometime afternoon in the USA depending on your timezone, and it is near 12 hours since I manually did that. The status still shows as pending and I know that it is comparatively more than usual. I mean my last payment of a higher amount had changed to completed status within 4-5 hours. This transaction, however, has taken triple the time and has still not gone to completed. Instead of the usual 3-5 business days, it shows 5-7 business days. This is really ridiculous because I need the dough. As it is, the transfer takes a while and Paypal is holding up a lot of money. It has already put a large amount on hold because I'm a new seller on this account (my earlier account was closed because Paypal did give problems back then of a different kind). I am wondering if this large amount on hold is contributing to the withdrawal review process. If so, I will have to speak to the client and refund that amount and use a different remittance service that does not take a lot of time to give me my own money. Since I sell digital services and the monies I get are mostly upfront amounts this time of the year, all the projects for which the monies have been sent are on hold. It is a pain for both me and the clients. 

I might start using a different payment service if this continues to happen. As far as I am concerned, one other service is running really smooth for me. I shouldn't be using Paypal at all, now that I think of it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi VarunPrabhu1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear about this inconvenience. In general, if a withdrawal remains pending, it may be as we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. This review can happen for various reasons but, in general, is because our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released in order to provide a safe online payment service. Once it shows as completed on your PayPal activity, you should be able to see the money in your bank account within 3-5 business days. 

Here is more information. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.