Withdrawal Pending & Complaint

Roaners_123
New Community Member

Last sunday I made withdrawal which was held for 72 hours for security checks, this was only the second time, the first one went fine.  So I though okay and just left it.  However yesterday I tried a withdrawal and on hold for 72 hours again for security checks.  What checks hadn't been carried out the first time ??? I think it is a disgusting practice, especially as those fund had already been with you for a number of days.  I rang customer services who were going to ring back after they had sorted it so that the money went through.  It was explained that it was time sensitive.  No call back, and no withdrawal.  I feel that the service is exceptionally poor.  However when I bought something the money went instantly, no hold there to do a security check on the funds ???  It all came from the same transaction.  What can I do, they are needed by 4pm today.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Use-Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Really fed up! 

I needed a cash advance and had to use my credit card. I had two options, either withdraw cash at an ATM and pay the cash in to my bank account or use Paypal to send to my husband's paypal account using my credit card. Regrettably I choose to use my Paypal account. BIG MISTAKE. So, I paid the excessive fee of £15 to use my credit card in the hopes of transferring MY money from my paypal account into my bank account. Everything looked fine, I was informed during the process that the transfer would be made immediately, so I went ahead on that basis. Then to my surprise and amazement, Paypal lied, they told me it was now pending review for "security reasons"! I've I'd know that was what was going to happen I would never have used my Paypal account. I've made several smaller withdrawals to my bank account recently without any problems at all. And the day I need a cash advance Paypal freezes my withdrawal. Thanks a lot Paypal, way to go! So, now not only have I maxed out my credit card with no access to any other fund source to make the purchase I wanted, Paypal has decided to hold on to my funds in Pending land. 

There's one thing for sure, I'm going to be telling everyone NOT to use Paypal becuase of this ridiculous policy of holding on unecessarily to people's own money. Really really unhappy!

Login to Me Too

Roaners_123
New Community Member

I would think that because of the volume of traffic at the minute they are holding everything for 72 hours to gain interest on the amount of money in their account as a whole.  I see that there is no response from anyone who could actually help and I have still not received my call back or the funds.

Login to Me Too

Use-Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

It's an absolute disgrace. Disgusting behaviour. People should boycott paypal. No wonder more and more people are looking to use crypto. At least it's decentralised and you wouldn't have this problem. The beauty of crypto is that it's peer to peer, you can be your own bank without the middle men like paypal who are just there to fleece you!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Use-Crypto

@Roaners_123

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Use-Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

So, if that's the case then why does it tell you that the transfer is going to be done "immediately" and then changes its mind when you proceed with the transfer. It's very misleading and if I'd know that was gong to happen and for it to be delayed I would never have made the transfer, nor would i have transferred money in using my credit card and get charged £15 in the process!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Use-Crypto

Actually it doesn't, when you click to withdraw it says 2 hours etc etc BUT underneath it states that it 'may' be held for a security review.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Use-Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

Whatever else it said, the word "immediately" was used. 

Are you a Paypal employee?

If I thought for one second it was going to be delayed i would have used another method.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Use-Crypto

Course I am not a paypal employee, I am just giving you the facts.

But very original to accuse me of working for paypal because you don't like those facts being pointed out to you.

I withdraw funds yesterday, it said '2 hours' but underneath you get the message that payments are sometimes held for security reviews.

Whether I agree with the holds or not is completely irrelevant as my 'opinion' matters not when i give advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

eodeh2005

I am having the same problem. The practise of holding peoples funds for 72 hours is disgusting. They mislead you saying that the withdrawal is instant. I have never seen a system so flawed and ruthless. PayPal literally do not care if you have to go 3 days without money. The funds that I withdrew was meant for paying for an apartment that I was planning to move into this weekend. Now I am going to have to squat with friends until my money is released. Never again will I use Paypal for withdrawals or payments. I will spread the word and advise people I know to beware of this heartless practice.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.