Withdraw money after 180 days - I cannot add my bank account

ruthfountain
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal,

This question might have been asked a couple of times, but it very important. My situation:

- My account got limited over a year ago and my information was rejected

- I have received the email that I can withdraw my money (I have over 30 000$ in my balance which makes it that important for me) -> I tried to add my bank account, because the information on my paypal account is outdated as it is years old -> declined -> I called paypal and after answering background questions they still said that security system is blocking it -> they told me I can try it by check, but I have moved and the address is outdated (cannot edit the address either) aswell as my bank does not accept checks that high

I hope you understand how important it is for me to get this sorted out. I don't know which other special paypal support team I can contact.

best regards,

Ruth Fountain

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthfountain

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ruthfountain
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the fast reply.

I have already called paypal three times - first time I answered question from my background report correctly and they said I should call in 48 hours again. I called 72 hours later and they said security system is still blocking it.

I did not know about facebook and twitter as I don't use either of them, but I will try my luck.

best regards,

Ruth

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthfountain

You'll need to contact customer service to find out how to verify your identity when your info is different from what's on the account. $30K is a lot to PayPal too as they just can't shell it out to just anyone. You'll have to definitely have provide SSN or TAX ID. Consider consulting a lawyer for that kind of money. Good luck.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ruthfountain
Contributor
Contributor

I answered question from my background report aswell as I provided all documentation (id, bank statement, ssn card) when my account got limited. Yes, 30k is alot and I think that is the reason why they rejected my documents as my account was only a few months old at that time. I have (had) a personal paypal accoun. I'm also fine if I could add my debit card and withdraw to my bank that way - that should verify my identity too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.