Withdraw USD from PayPal without conversion to my home currency of EUR?

Jagrajsingh
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a possibility to withdraw USD from Paypal to my EU country (our currency is EUR) without converting from USD to EUR on Paypal's side.

I have USD account. Iam not able to withdraw USD from my Paypal to my USD account without converting to EUR as it ask IBAN instead of routing number. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@Jagrajsingh
Hi there my friend,
It's good that you reached out to us regarding this matter.If your in another country and you rcvd a USD payment via PayPal, it will automatically be converted to whatever currency you have in your country. I'm afraid we have no option to retain it in USD. You can check with your bank if they can convert it for you.
Hope this helps. Stay safe my friend.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jagrajsingh
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply, My bank accepts USD and they can covert into euros but the problem is that when i withdraw it automatically ask me to convert it from USD to euro without giving me the option to withdraw it into USD, I don't know what to do as PayPal conversation fees is very high.
Login to Me Too

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@Jagrajsingh
Glad you were able to respond,
I'm afraid that there is no option for you to retain it in USD. But as I have said if you want to convert it to USD as soon as it is already transferred to your bank account. You can ask your bank to convert it back to USD so you can put it on you Dollar Account. I know that you are trying to avoid the fees but that is a standard in our system. Stay safe.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

vyyyz
Contributor
Contributor

@MLGore Is this a joke? Do you think it’s ok to have a double conversion and pay an additional fee (sic) for that? What happened? And most important, is it a temporary issue?

Login to Me Too

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@vyyyz
Thanks for your response. I'm really sorry it's just that, there really is no option to retain it in USD. It's a Standard and it will really be automatically be converted. Hope you have a good and safe day.
Login to Me Too

momirjalili
New Community Member

what does it mean that it's standard? I have a USD bank account and I want to keep the currency in USD. does it mean that I have to change it to euro first in one account and again change it to USD pay twice the fees once to paypal and once to my bank account? I don't think this is standard or normal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.